SmartFTP client (2020), Delphi 10.3 Rio
The SmartFTP client allows synchronization of local files with a remote FTP folder. Application's primary use is by web developers.
SmartFTP app compares the content of the local folder with an associated remote destination and highlights files they differ. Included are all files from a defined root directory and all subdirectories.
Different files are highlighted. Users can synchronize individual files or submit all differences to the remote location.
Any replaced files are backed up automatically and saved in the local folder. Backups can be restored (effectively one rolls back his changes).
Delphi 5 apps
Applications below were developed in Delphi 5 Pro version. I used several third-party open-source libraries (mODBC, Indy, RxLib, Blowfish, TDBF).
Car Agenda (2005)
The application allows tracking of allowable motor vehicle expenses.
- Unlimited cars, unlimited trips, unlimited drivers and employees
- Fast-entry mode for recurring trips. You can enter all your recurring trips as one entry and specify periodicity. For non-regular trips, you can define a trip and just select trip days from an interactive calendar. You can highlight days that are above and below the specified threshold in the calendar. For similar trips, just create a copy of the already existing trip and change what is needed.
- Easy detection of missing or redundant trips. You can check the driven distance chart by day and identify days they are too high or too low. You can specify if a trip is a business trip or a private trip, car, driver, and reason. Each car travel expense can be calculated as per km expense for the employee-owned vehicle or by personal/business ratio for total yearly car expenses.
- Tracking year-to-year car price depreciation and all related expenses (insurance, fix and maintenance cost, lease cost, etc). A one-click calculation for business vs. personal portion of these expenses.
- One-click printing of all trip-related agenda: by trip for expense reimbursement or by car for your annual car expense record. Several different reports for per trip report and daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and overall reports.
- Give your accountant your total expenses on a weekly/monthly basis and save on per-transaction fees. Manage your overall expense budget by employee, car, trip, or specific period.
SalesPro - Customer Communication application. (2003)
Application SalesPro was designed to research online resources and build a database of prospective clients. An objective was to explore and import various web-based customer lists and databases at ease (e.g. yellow pages). Once data are collected, the application supports generating customer lists and keeps track of past communication. Either fax or customized email can be sent to selected recipients directly from the application.
J&T Private Banking (Bratislava, 2001-2002)
The application was designed for a private banking department. I started developing this application in Slovakia. Additional extensions and bug fixes were done remotely, from Canada, when I was in Canada.
- Client-server, MS SQL Server 7, later migrated to SQL 2000,
- Portfolio dashboard review was generated in Excel, via OLE automation,
- Implemented several financial calculations and built-in pricing download module,
- User authorization and Authentication was handled in Delphi code,
- Client information was confidential and kept outside the main database. Only Client number was generally available
- Separate small applications allowed looking up Client details, associated with a specific Client Number. Log history when client numbers were searched was collected.
Horse racing Agenda (Bratislava, 2000)
Application HorseRacing tracks agenda related to horse racing in Slovakia.
- Client-server, Base602 SQL Server,
- GUI features: mouse support, color customization, custom data filter and order, custom reports,
- tracking off racing-related agenda from owners and horses lists, registrations, invoicing, racing registrations and results, ad-hoc and year-end reporting,
- Generated static HTML reports were published on the company's website as soon as official results were confirmed.
I started developing Custom apps when I was at the university. I used MS Fox Pro 2.6 for small database apps. For more advanced code I used Borland Pascal 5.